Scotty McCreery has shared the name and release date of his next album – Same Truck will arrive for fans on September 17th.
The 12 track project will contain his Top-15 (and climbing) hit “You Time,” and “Why You Gotta Be Like That” – a new song from the album that Scotty recently shared.
Fans are connecting with “You Time” and “Why You Gotta Be Like That” just like they do with the rest of Scotty’s music, and he loves to hear stories from fans, “It really brightens my day. It makes my day when someone comes up and says how my music has impacted their life and tells me their stories. I’ll sit there and listen to them for hours, cause it’s just an amazing thing…and it’s cool to be in that position to have that kind of impact on somebody’s life you haven’t even met…it’s pretty cool.”
Scotty was pretty young when he entered the country music spotlight after winning American Idol at age 17, so it took him a while to get used to random people coming up to him to talk about his music…but as his career developed, not only did he get use to it, now Scotty treasures the stories that fans share about what his music means to them. He shares, “You know, I got started so young, and early on I couldn’t grasp the fact that people were going to come up and say ‘Hey’ when I’m just trying to live my normal life….but as I’ve grown up and realized, man these people…your music is speaking to them, it’s impacting them in a good way. So I welcome it.”
With announcing Same Truck fans will have a bunch of new songs to connect with come September 17th
Track list for Same Truck:
- “Same Truck” (Scotty McCreery, Ashley Gorley, Taylor Phillips, Zach Crowell)
- “You Time” (Scotty McCreery, Frank Rogers, Aaron Eshuis)
- “It Matters To Her” (Scotty McCreery, Rhett Akins, Lee Thomas Miller)
- “Damn Strait” (Trent Tomlinson, Jim Collins)
- “It’ll Grow On Ya” (Jeremy Bussey, Jason Blaine, Taylor Phillips, Adam Wood)
- “The Waiter” (Scotty McCreery, Matthew West, Frank Rogers)
- “Why You Gotta Be Like That” (Scotty McCreery, Jordan Schmidt, James McNair)
- “Home” (Scotty McCreery, Frank Rogers, Brent Anderson, Tammi Kidd)
- “Carolina To Me” (Scotty McCreery, Jeremy Bussey, Taylor Phillips)
- “Small Town Girl” (Scotty McCreery, Ashley Gorley, Zach Crowell)
- “That Kind of Fire” (Scotty McCreery, Josh Hoge, Matt McVaney, Justin Wilson)
- “How Ya Doin’ Up There” (Scotty McCreery, Monty Criswell, Derek George, Tyler Reeve)
Scotty says that this new album reflects how he’s grown since his last project, “My last album was about me as a young man getting ready to get married. Same Truck is me three years later, taking a moment to acknowledge where I am now as a 27-year-old, happily married man, sharing both what I’ve learned and where I want to go.”
Originally, the album was going to be announced next month, but after intense fan demand following the recent release of “Why You Gotta Be Like That” caused pre-sale information to leak at several key retailers. Scotty and his label both decided to announce the album early as a thank you to his fans for fervently supporting his music through the years.
Scotty adds, “It’s gratifying to learn that my fans are so excited about my upcoming new album that they sought out pre-order information before it was ready to be announced….and got it! Thanks to Triple Tigers and the retailers for coming together quickly so we could make this official album announcement. I can’t wait to share this music with everyone.”
Same Truck arrives September 17th but it’s available now for pre-order HERE
Photo Credit: John Shearer